Some of you avid users will have taken notice of the 2021.0 LTS update for the PLCnext firmware that had been released in December 2020.The 2021.0 LTS is wrapping up all the changes made in the 2020 feature releases and adding a bunch of improvements, such as:
- the Global Data Space retain variables in real-time programming according to IEC 61131-3
- providing Proficloud V3 services for all PLCnext Control series, containing device management and firmware updates as well as a new popular time-series data service.
- new pages in the Web-based Management for HTTPS certificate configuration
- for a better Docker support, co-existence of iptables and nftables in the default firewall configurations
- several improvements for OPC UA connections
- HMI via PLCnext Engineer now supporting and multi-language projects (see the Tutorial video)
- and, of course, a lot of housekeeping
Note: Please make sure to check the notifications of the Product Security Incidence Response Team (PSIRT) from time to time to find out how to prevent security threats.
But that wasn’t enough.
With a short delay, we can now proudly announce that …